1997-08-06 - Re: JYA Up

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0b243f05b80cc7f879dca700ac8f33ecb03ea5991e3ac542ff4f81f7a27e961e
Message ID: <c5o1ae6w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.970806173954.538C-100000@shirley>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-06 14:36:55 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 22:36:55 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 22:36:55 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: JYA Up

? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au> writes:

> On Tue, 5 Aug 1997, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
>
> > I urge you to find a more honorable upstream provider.
> > Preferrably someone who gets connectivity off of AGIS, who doesn't
> > censor content.
>
> You don't get connectivity off of AGIS becuase no-one connnects.  AGIS'
> routers ect are so misconfigered ect that pagets seem to move threw it
> more by coninicdence then anything else.

(I'm trying to reply to my incoming mail in the order it was received,
still doing last weekend's mail, but I'll make an exception.)

David, it's remarks like these that cause people to conclude that you're
not very bright.  I'm not a customer of AGIS or any of its downstreams,
and I get excellent connectivity to their sites.  I remind the readers
that certain groups on Usenet hate AGIS because of their refusal to
censor content. E.g. read the Net.Scum page for Debbie Taylor to read
how the homos tried to censor the Web site called "www.gothatesfags.com"
and how AGIS refuses to bend over.  For this reason, homos (is David one?)
spread lies ike the above about AGIS, using meaningless technical jargon
and implying that that it doesn't work properly, But the fact is that the
recent study by the Boardwatch magazine ranked AGIS's network third best
among major backbones. (It would be first best of they ranked their
commitment to freedom of speech.)

More power to Phil Lawlor and death to all censors!

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM