1997-08-26 - Re: Socio-Economic Cults (Re: Cypherpunk Cults)

Header Data

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 133755bee44e60ed4e982f8ff0413ecdd58333955515f942d03baf0bb9ea1f7b
Message ID: <4658230701dd4fd97f57a5ed14644a38@anon.efga.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 07:21:13 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 07:21:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: Socio-Economic Cults (Re: Cypherpunk Cults)

At 12:31 PM 8/26/97 PDT,"John Smith" wrote:
|"William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com>:

|>>You stole from me.
|>>*BANG*
|>
|>yep
|>
|>>You raped my sister
|>>*BANG*
|>
|>yep
|>
|>As is the first two cases the "criminal" has violated my property &
|>family. Such crimes are worthy of immediate death. You steal, you
|>assault
|>or threaten me or my family you have committed suicide.
|>
|>It is a quite simple and effective philosophy:
|>
|>"You fuck with me, my family, or my property you die. You leave me
|>alone
|>and I leave you alone."
|>
|>Even someone like you can understand such a philosophy.
|
|Well, I can't.  It's very confusing.  Are there judges in your
|philosophy, or do you just decide for yourself who to shoot?

|"You walked on my property."  BANG.

|"Your music kept me awake all night."  BANG.

|"I warned you to cut that tree down, and now it fell on my house."
|BANG.
|

|Or how about escalation:

|"You raped my daughter"

|"No way, she wanted it as much as I did"

|"That's not what she tells me.  You die."  BANG.

|"You shot my son"

|"Bullshit, he had it coming after what he did to my daughter."

|"Bullshit yourself."  BANG.

|"You shot my pa"

|"He shot my son"

|"You're gonna die."  "I'm taking you with me then."  BANG.  BANG.

|BANG.  BANG.  BANG.  BANG.  BANG.  BANG.  BANG.
|

|You know, there's a reason people started using judges to help
|settle disputes.  There's a reason the common law evolved with the
|idea of proportionate response and restitution.  This kind of
|shoot-everybody-I-think-harmed-me approach just doesn't work.
|Nobody knows what someone else will consider harm worth shooting
|over.  If somebody disagrees that a shooting was justified, they'll
|shoot back, and feuds begin.
|
|The current system stinks, but your idea is no better.

|"John

Dear John,

BANG!

BangMonger