1997-08-09 - Apology from me to the list and TruthMonger

Header Data

From: “David Downey” <digital_matrix@hotmail.com>
To: tm@dev.null
Message Hash: 1e2c0feb70996803d4af44471b576e5776fe688dda46a46ca6d1fa545bcce832
Message ID: <19970809053931.20560.qmail@hotmail.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 13:59:54 +0800

Raw message

From: "David Downey" <digital_matrix@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 13:59:54 +0800
To: tm@dev.null
Subject: Apology from me to the list and TruthMonger

LOL, all right, all right. I'll take my lickings and like it. I
apologize. I came off far from what I was trying to say. I was really
pissed off at what TruthMonger said in the email. I took major offense
at his use of Jesus in the mail in the context in which he did. I am NOT
one who believes in the banning of sites based on a rating syste, I
believe that based on the rating system you should be able to decide
from that if *you* want to go there. No one has the right to *ban* a
site. I humbly apologize to all and to TruthMonger. Some say one should
not apologize on a list because then everyone will make it open season
on that person forever. If that is the case, oh well. I believe that if
a man is in the wrong he should apologize. I am in the wrong. I
apologize. I went overboard on my retort to TruthMonger, not stopping to
think how it would make me appear. I unfortuately gave the impression in
complete opposites of where I actually stand on the issues. I do not
know how to word where I stand because I take a little from each side as
to what is the correct way to handle these issues. I joined this
listserv because I believe wholeheartedly in the stated reason for the
existence of this listserv. I run my own for the same reasons.

Folks, I truly am sorry for the remarks I made, and the attitude
displayed is not what I believe inside. I believe that every man and
women have the right to make there own dicision on issues that affect
them. I believe that a fully cooperative effort to come to terms with
many of the issues facing us is needed. I do NOT support the government
in it's belief that sites should be banned based on their ratings in
whatever finally accepted rating system. I do not believe in escrowed
key accounting (espeicially when the government choses the key ecrow
agents). I do *not* follow the bible thumping christian coalitions that
believe that decending on the net with bibles, fishnets, and handcuffs
is the answer. I believe in fighting for what one believes in. I firmly
believe in protecting the children and guiding them towards an
understanding of today's world in *all* it trappings. I am also unsure
as to the correct and "right" way to do this. I am open to suggestions,
and am willing to openly contribute my own. There are many of you who
will undoubtably have blocked my posts as a result of my earlier post. I
am sorry for this. For I could learn a few things from those that have,
just as I can pass on some to them.

For the mistakes I put forth, I humbly apologize.