1997-08-23 - Re: Welfare Solution #389

Header Data

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 21f24f138f6e8737f0775999943d5b2793ad5369e544cb508b1a0e63c2229e98
Message ID: <o8swsXR3D6xgwDQLSgUMdA==@JawJaCrakR>
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:05:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:05:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Welfare Solution #389

Bill Frantz wrote:

> The Swiss friends we visited earlier this week agree that this policy has
> had positive effects.  We passed a park in Zurich that had formally been
> used by heroin addicts as a "shooting gallery", and was now being used by
> ordinary citizens including families with small children.  They mentioned
> the change in the park as one of the benefits of the new policy.

  Yeah, the kids no longer have to pay "mall prices" for their heroin.
Let's be *real* here--it means the kids are giving some pervert a blow
job for fifty cents worth of heroin, instead of for twenty dollars worth
of heroin.
  Boy, just talking about this makes me miss my Uncle Jim.

Thread