1997-08-08 - Re: The BIG Lie (Jesus Confesses)

Header Data

From: jf_avon@citenet.net
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 39d5425ee9cf52d4c61323c4e7d6a33352038a68866e7e97d347ec68c7b16916
Message ID: <199708082324.TAA26057@cti06.citenet.net>
Reply To: <33EB9D22.166F80B5@cyberspacetechnologies.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-08 23:53:28 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 07:53:28 +0800

Raw message

From: jf_avon@citenet.net
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 07:53:28 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The BIG Lie (Jesus Confesses)

On  8 Aug 97 at 18:26, David D.W. Downey wrote:

>  Next, this country was founded on christian beliefs, or have you
> failed to read the words of the constitution of the US.

Comments from Canada: Libertarians usually attibutes the reference to
the christian cult in the US constitution  as some sort of
psycho-epistemological failure or ill-weighed concession to the
peoples beliefs of the time.  IMO, it is a major flaw that led to
the actual state of affairs.   Causes have effects.  A is A and you
cannot run away from the Nature of things.

> Considering the apparent ignorance you have
> displayed thus far about the makeup of the US, I would venture to say
> that you probably have not read it. Next, you attack christians for
> trying to control the content made available on the internet.

Factually, they are one hell of a big pressure group trying to ram
their personnal convictions down the throat of others, with a
legalized gun to back them up.  I don't ask that you love eating
Cheez-Whiz with corn syrup and peanut butter with a dash of Tabasco
sauce so don't ask me to start eating your stuff.

> At least
> the site ratings plan is better than alot of other plans I have seen.

I would be surprized.  Ultimately, in their deep nature, they are all
as evil.  A is A.  You will not, in the long run, be able to avoid
the effects of their nature.

> I have seen you do nothing but slam, belittle, and degrade
> others and their beliefs and ideas.

The degradation perceived by whom?  He might be slightly harsher than
others, but you discount the good laughs that it also gives to some
others.  Actually, you should rejoice at 'Monger's opinions;
doesn't your code of moral preach spreading the well of others at the
expense of your own?  If not, then, tsk tsk tsk...

> You do this under the unimpressive
> tag of "TruthMonger". If anything, you are anything but a TruthMonger.

> When you can come up with a plan that even *remotely* seems like a
> logically thought out, planned, and intelligent proposal on how to

Sorry, but you disqualify for such thing.  The psycho-epistemology
of religions makes it impossible.  Your axiomatic belief of God
invalidates all logics.  Therefore, each time you request a
"logically thought out" explanation, you commit the act of concept
stealing, i.e. you use the end result of a philosophy to try to
invalidate it.  But you know, what you saw in cartoons, the vacuum
cleaner sucking itself into nothing or the snake eating it's tail and
disappearing, it just doesn't exist...  Reality (with a capital R)
doesn't work that way.  Sorry.

> handle the issues presented everyday on the internet that affect the
> computing industry balanced with a concern for the children, then I will
> listen.

You mean, "to get a ride on the gravy train, enforced under the
treath of violence at the point of the governmental gun" ?

> (And yes, I do agree that the parents of the children have an
> obligation to monitor the content they are exposed to.

Again, instead of using "moral duty", you use the word, "obligation".
Coercion galore!

> It's called

... according to some standards...
> responsible parenting

Here, I tend to agree on your sentence but I have a hunch that our
basic justifications are quite far...

Morality, according to cultists, is to be defined by the
worshipped entity.  To free-living rationnal individuals, it should
be defined according to the most accurately understood Nature of Man.

Most observer of the later would agree that parental supervision is
necessary.  But also, most of thoses parents would agree that Freedom
is required for man to live as Man, i.e. as a rationnal animal.

[This paragraph left intentionally unfinished]

> which unfortunately is not a well practiced
> ideology.

Why "unfortunately" ? because it doesn't not suit your teleological
slave mentality or because you truly care about other young Human
Animals?  Personnally, it is because of the later reason.

> And to take the wind out of your sales, I have 2 children and

the relevancy of this disclosure baffles me.

> Until
> such time as you can fulfill the obligations to us

Who proclaimed such obligation?  The whole attempt at censorship is
an attempt to make peoples accept this "obligation".  There is no way
to bring a slave out of slavery when they willingly forge their own
chains...

> population, and our offspring, the children (just in case your fuddled
> mind does not know what they are)

Here is a long term solution that would solve the problem definitely:
to promulgate that everybody being offensed by the content of the net
gets neutered.  That way, they won't have to worry about their
children's viewing habits...

The acceptability of this solution passes all the tests that the one
you propose does.

If you have any arguments that does not have at it.s base, the
negation of Reason, i.e. non-contradictory identification, then, give
it your best shot.

jfa
--
Jean-Francois Avon, Pierrefonds(Montreal) QC Canada
  JFA Technologies, R&D physicists & engineers

Thread