1997-08-22 - Re: Picketing with packets enhanced version

Header Data

From: Patrick Oonk <patrick@atro.pine.nl>
To: enoch@zipcon.net (Mike Duvos)
Message Hash: 3ee26c830544db25ed5ad642faa7505c873f7c6b8f302b0772a9e5d19275b816
Message ID: <199708221937.VAA05218@atro.pine.nl>
Reply To: <19970822191119.16775.qmail@zipcon.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-22 20:01:41 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 04:01:41 +0800

Raw message

From: Patrick Oonk <patrick@atro.pine.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 04:01:41 +0800
To: enoch@zipcon.net (Mike Duvos)
Subject: Re: Picketing with packets enhanced version

> Patrick Oonk writes:
>
> > Well, the program didn't work at all (at least here,
> > Sun Solaris 2.5.1 Sparc, Perl 5.003) and now
> > it does. Before it only connected to one of the numbers
> > in the hosts file, now it does to all of them.
>
> I gave the original program a quick try.  I looked at /proc
> and saw the correct number of file descriptors, but a
> netstat|grep on my userid did not show any actual connections.
>
> I put it aside and was going to step through it with the
> debugger when I got a free moment, and report back when
> I had figured out what the problem was.

There were several problems. One of it still remains,
it does not resolve FDQN's, so you have to use IP-numbers in
the hosts file.

--
| Patrick Oonk -    http://patrick.mypage.org/  - patrick@pine.nl |
| PGP Key ID 0xDA2E93FA   -   Internic PO59   -   <clicketyclick> |

Thread