1997-08-01 - Re: FCPUNX:’Telco Terrorism’ – Wired on Baby Bells v. the Net

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Apache <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 3ee8901b69db6b556301d6c078f65f8f3bd3fad21321e015a03dde07c7951120
Message ID: <199708012338.QAA24304@proxy4.ba.best.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 07:51:58 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 07:51:58 +0800
To: Apache <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: FCPUNX:'Telco Terrorism' -- Wired on Baby Bells v. the Net

At 10:18 PM 8/1/97 +1000, Apache wrote:
> I note with great interest an independent provider in New Zealand which
> has a better competitive market situation in this area than Australia
> (and a lot of other things I might add) offers a user account with up to
> 500kbs satellite feed for $79 (NZ) /mnth flat plus installation of $79
> plus you must by the satellite dish ($699). I would assume you can't
> resell bandwidth on this set up so the two are not directly comparable.

The (comparatively) free market telecom system in New Zealand is due
to a LEFT WING, pro liberty, government, that adopted a strategy
"let us privatize first and let the free market sort out the chaos
later"

The equivalent in America is almost unimaginable.  Here in America left
means statist, left means big brother is in charge.  The same is true,
or used to be true when I was there, in Australia, though not to the
extreme that it is true in America.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com