1997-08-11 - Re: Masons and Fnords

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4d90e09d704ba8b1ab5213c5c16fcc2902196feaeba02281e03797845540d32e
Message ID: <v03102805b014eefcff21@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199708111308.GAA18202@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-11 16:58:01 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 00:58:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 00:58:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Masons and Fnords

At 2:16 AM -0700 8/11/97, Peter Trei wrote:

>Nope. While many of the Founders were Masons, by no means all were.
>In particular, there is no evidence that Jefferson was ever a
>member.

Jefferson laid the foundation stones of the University of Virginia by
strict Masonic principles. At this point he was 34th Degree, and hence all
records were moved to the inner sanctorium, accessible only to Masonic
historians.

>Aside from a nit (it's not a temple, but rather a memorial: "The
>George Washington Masonic National Memorial" to be exact), this is
>largely correct. It's a really grand, funky piece of architecture,
>and open to the public, with free guided tours. Over 300 feet tall,
>and on the highest point in Alexandria, it has a *very* impressive
>view from the top, taking in all of DC and miles around.

We referred to it by the name others used: the Masonic Temple. (When I was
growing up, in the 50s and 60s.). My hunch is that "Masonic National
Memorial" came about when legal experts advised the National Park Service
that "temple" may not be used in the actual name of any park.

Possibly the Papist President did this, to diminish the role of the Masons.
All part of the 6,000 year history of the Battle. Oswald was a Mason, of
course.

>Those in the Silicon Valley area might also want to visit the
>Rosicrucian Museum in San Jose, a similarly funky building,
>belonging to an unrelated group.

Yes, I was transferred from the Alexandria Chapter, Knights Templars, to
the San Jose Chapter, and instructed to find a job which would allow me to
live in close proximity to the Sepulchre of the Rosy Cross. This is why I
had to work for Intel, located a few thousand cubits away (several miles,
for you heathens). My job there was arranged by Robert Noyce and Gordon
Moore, both Masons of course.

Praise be to Hiram!

--Tim May, OTE, RC, KT