1997-08-25 - Church of Cryptology

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 84e197d860bca787a88d44030c314215a7cc2e956ecac4308a9305701438dda4
Message ID: <199708251321.PAA10163@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:41:01 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 21:41:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Church of Cryptology

The Church of Cryptology, established by Brother D'Shauneaux in 1919,
resents the attempts of the U.S. government to criminalize our most
closely held religious beliefs.
Cryptography is well documented in the Bible, from the Tower of Babel
to talking in tongues, and any infringement on our right to communicate
in tongues constitutes religious oppression.

Accordingly, the Church of Cryptology would like to acknowledge those
who have suffered persecution in their efforts to spead cryptology as
Saints for the Holy Cause. The Primary Religious Elected Zeus, our
current leader, would like to assure all Cypherpunks that they will
be granted special dispensation for any acts of Holy War they perform
in the cause of strong encryption.

Thread