1997-08-22 - My Vague Wording (Re: Rants by Zooko about Emotionally Stunted Men)

Header Data

From: gturk@concentric.net
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 8e10f964c4183cbe735b96604ee0750f6815352c66e9cd5486234a7c0ac56c91
Message ID: <3.0.3.32.19970822121712.0097b2b0@pop3.concentric.net>
Reply To: <199708211706.TAA00218@xs1.xs4all.nl>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-22 16:50:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:50:12 +0800

Raw message

From: gturk@concentric.net
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 00:50:12 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: My Vague Wording (Re: Rants by Zooko about Emotionally Stunted Men)

At 01:09 PM 8/21/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Or do you mean like the characterization of list members as
"socio-economic
>cult" members?

Unfortunately, expressing one's views in public creates the possibility
for one's own words to be misinterpreted by others, whether intentionally
or by a simple misunderstanding.

FYI, my reference to "socio-economic cults", originally in the Subject:
line of my post, was not meant as a characterization of the members of the
Cypherpunks list.  I was using the phrase to refer to any of a number of
-isms regarding the redistribution of property against the consent of the
creators/owners of the property.  For that reason (among others) I
included the quote from Bastiat, but perhaps I did not make the point
clear enough.

Sorry for the confusion.

-geoff

Thread