1997-08-29 - Re: A Distributed Network Cache Service

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
To: Mike Duvos <enoch@zipcon.net>
Message Hash: a4804fecd9512df17801f867696c22277785473de7cdd536828ef70f41bea032
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9708291515.A26386-0100000@netcom2>
Reply To: <19970829211621.6411.qmail@zipcon.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-29 22:39:30 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 06:39:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 06:39:30 +0800
To: Mike Duvos <enoch@zipcon.net>
Subject: Re: A Distributed Network Cache Service

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Mike Duvos wrote:
> The Trusted Agent then signs Bob's data, declaring that
> the resulting digital coccoon produced from Bob's data is
> associated with the TAG, and that the CONTEXT necessary to
> recover the data has been communicated to Bob and all copies
> destroyed.

Which is of course where the protocol will fail. Any such system must be
resistant to operator compromise. A clean solution for a distributed data
haven resistant to machine/operators compromise would be to use a design
similar to the Anonymous Mailbox Servers I gave a talk on at HIP'97.

Unfortunately, our project leader is very busy with his daytime job and it
probably will be a while before we will see some demo sites up and running.

But it will happen :-)

--Lucky

Thread