1997-08-16 - Re: Getting back at spamford (fwd)

Header Data

From: Mac Norton <mnorton@cavern.uark.edu>
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Message Hash: a9f3e517d1f8df33d7e9db667f3ab02cfef6c3fa579c739ca0bbac7e2b0fc94d
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.96.970815190403.25487C-100000@cavern.uark.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970815161608.4134B-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-16 00:24:26 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 08:24:26 +0800

Raw message

From: Mac Norton <mnorton@cavern.uark.edu>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 08:24:26 +0800
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Subject: Re: Getting back at spamford (fwd)

there are services that will do this cheaper. Pathfinder
spammed me the other day, in fact, and will get this
stuff, and mortgages, financing statements, etc., for
about $400. We lawyers get these spams all the time,
but I have hear this one kinda works.
MacN

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> =====================================Kaos=Keraunos=Kybernetos==============
> .+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    |Prying open my 3rd eye.  So good to see |./|\.
> ..\|/..|sunder@sundernet.com|you once again. I thought you were      |/\|/\
> <--*-->| ------------------ |hiding, and you thought that I had run  |\/|\/
> ../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  |away chasing the tail of dogma. I opened|.\|/.
> .+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"|my eye and there we were....            |.....
> ======================= http://www.sundernet.com ==========================
>
> Begin message:
> Subject:      Need contributions to slow Cyberpromotions down..
> From:         Peter Cumming <pcumming@ix.netcom.com>
> Newsgroups:   news.admin.net-abuse.email
>
> I have found a Private Investigator within distance of Sanford Wallace
> Cyberpromotions business to look into his affairs personally. All
> results will be posted on the webpages of those who have one (I do not)
> and all newsgroups.
>
> The PI quoted $1,000. I will put up $250 and had some others add some
> money but we are not even halfway there. So pass the word and some money
> if you care to be a part of the following.
>
> The info that the PI will obtain will consist of (for Sanford W) DOB,
> DMV, Car type, Tag#, Bank accounts, home number, cell number, phone
> calls made in last 30 days, childrens name, home address, SSN, bank
> cards held, credit report, etc..
>
> I do not have $1,000 this year to throw at this but if you are
> interested in helping out or have better ideas let me know. I will put
> in $250. No checks will be sent to me, all to the PI if we come up with
> the necessary $1,000. Also will need some good volunteers to put out
> some web pages with the info I post. It is up to whomever to use the
> info as they see fit. It is not my responsibility.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter

Thread