1997-08-18 - Fw: Re: (Fwd) FWD: Texas Driver’s License database on the web

Header Data

From: amp@pobox.com
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: f3b473858d0823c69de9f71e57187c0d44378e07a2f75db2f74e48e1513cac7c
Message ID: <Chameleon.871871758.amp@ampugh.mcit.com>
Reply To: <Pine.BSI.3.96.970816235302.22847A-100000@dogbert.xroads.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-08-18 03:52:40 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:52:40 +0800

Raw message

From: amp@pobox.com
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:52:40 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Fw: Re: (Fwd) FWD: Texas Driver's License database on the web

> There was an article in the WSJ about this recently, TX has passed a law
> that goes into effect Sept. 1ST that will make publiclink illegal, they
> said they would continue to run the site and see what happens in court.
> Don't remember the date of the article.

I yelled about this as loud as I could to every state rep and senator I
could find when I first heard about this site a few months ago.

The point that the scum at the texas dept of safety(hows that for orwellian
in this case) are the ones selling the databases. It is so typical for the
state to make a law prohibiting someone else to do that which they are
doing themselves. The solution I gave them was to simply stop selling the
information, and the situation would resolve itself.

So fucking typical of government in general. How can they even wonder why
so many people hate them so?

------------------------
Name: amp
E-mail: amp@pobox.com
Date: 08/17/97
Time: 22:32:19
Visit me at http://www.pobox.com/~amp

'Drug Trafficking Offense' is the root passphrase to the Constitution.

Have you seen
http://www.public-action.com/SkyWriter/WacoMuseum

Thread