1997-08-29 - Sit, Bubu. Sit! / Re: Stay issued; modified stay to follow

To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f65aede24c3c389e4c1ded4ae741c0d3b8a562dd96645441854bc0da6a84fd48
Message ID: <340684AE.3F63@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:26:04 +0800

Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 16:26:04 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Sit, Bubu. Sit! / Re: Stay issued; modified stay to follow

Cindy Cohn wrote:

> During a conference call with counsel today, Judge Patel issued a stay of
> the injunctive relief issued in her Opinion of August 25, 1997, effective
> until September 8.

  Why are these dinosaurs fucking away perfectly good taxpayer's money
trying to shore up the walls of a crumbling civilization?

NEWS FLASH!!!   THE GENIE *WON'T* GO BACK IN THE BOTTLE
                ---------------------------------------
  Before the ink had dried on Judge Patel's ruling, 2,000,000 emails of
Professor Bernstein's work were on their way overseas, to every port of
call. (Courtesy of Email Blaster, that wonderful progam that tells us,
fifty times a day, how to "MAKE MONEY FA$T!!!")

>  On September 8 (or sooner if we get the papers to her) the Court she will
> issue a formal Stay Pending Appeal which will stay the injunctive relief
> issued in her Opinion of August 25, 1997, except that an injunction shall be
> reinstated to prevent the prosecution of Professor Bernstein for the
> "unlicensed export" of Snuffle 5.0 (which includes Snuffle and Unsnuffle)
> and any later versions of that program which he has developed.

  Hell, Professor Bernstein can _import_ it now!
  By September 8, the program will be obsolete, having been tweaked
upward
a few generations by Iraquian programmers. I respectfully requested that
the Iraquis make any future versions of the program available to
American
youth who have to flee to Hitler's homeland with their website in order
to avoid being persecuted for their sexual predeliction.
 {See - http://www.guidemag.com/newsslant/vigilante-censors.html }

> This eliminates, at least for the meantime, the injunctive relief granted to
> Bernstein as to any other computer programs which he may have developed or
> otherwise wished to publish.  It also eliminates the protections for persons
> other than Professor Bernstein.

  No it doesn't. Haven't you heard of strong crypto?
  Thank you for pointing out that Phil Zimmerman wishes to protect me,
and Judge Patel wishes, on behalf of the government, to "eliminate the
protections" which strong encryptions affords me.

  The governement can't even protect themself, let alone the citizens,
as evidenced by the fact that the current sport of teenage hackers
across the nation is to send strong encryption overseas by way of the
government's email systems. (Can you say FBI? Sure you can! Can you
say IRS? Sure you can!) Yet these dweebs want to destroy an industry
that *is* capable of providing the citizens protection? (Considering
the INSLAW affair, perhaps it would be more fitting to say "destroy
_another_ industry.")

> The government has said that it may still challenge this more limited stay
> in the 9th Circuit.  Professor Bernstein may also seek relief from the stay
> from the 9th Circuit.

  I hope these idiots are having fun and making lots of money playing
their dinosaur games, because they are certainly accomplishing the
opposite of what they claim to be trying to do.
  The most that the dinosaurs in D.C. can manage to do, is to drag all
of the American business interests down into the ashes of history with
them as they attempt to build an Electromagnetic Curtain behind which
to imprison their citizens.
  Well, the CypherPunks were digging tunnels before the government even
knew they were predestined to build the Wall, so the fascist censors are
sucking hind-tit and will, in all likelihood, continue to do so.

TruthMonger, CoE <tm@dev.null>
Official Spokesperson for:
Cypherpunks Cult of One,
DoWell, Saskatchewan Division