1997-08-17 - Re: FCPUNX:Getting ecash without an MTB account

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: Alan <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: fdf1b2f04ae54dfdaf4a50178e551dfc5639e5ca853895c417dff23228dc9cdc
Message ID: <199708172027.NAA14757@proxy3.ba.best.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:39:38 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:39:38 +0800
To: Alan <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: FCPUNX:Getting ecash without an MTB account

At 10:24 AM 8/15/97 -0700, Alan wrote:
> Actually the coin is intercepted and spent by Mallet.  Alice gets pissed
> at Bob because she feels cheated by him.

Mallet cannot intercept the coin, because only Alice can unblind it.

Mallet cannot provide Bob with a number blinded by him, rather than
Alice, because Alice signed the blinded number

>> I thought that in this scenario, Bob can spend the coin before he gives
>> it to Alice,

No he cannot, because only Alice can unblind the coin.

> My understanding of the protocol is that the identity of the purchacer is
> revealed only if the coin is double spent.

The identity of Bob is known by Alice and the bank.

No one can ever discover the identity of Alice from the coin.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread