1997-09-11 - Major Political Appointments

Header Data

From: Secret Squirrel <nobody@secret.squirrel.owl.de>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 2ec10c59465d069027cf2062fb4b1486a41a91c3aa4de9ccffd0d5b714e5a625
Message ID: <9444d0e6fbf56e483db16d0bf776d0a4@squirrel>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:06:23 +0800

Raw message

From: Secret Squirrel <nobody@secret.squirrel.owl.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:06:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Major Political Appointments

> 	Clinton Nominates Aaron to Commerce Department Post

> 	WASHINGTON, Sept. 8 /U.S. Newswire/ -- President Clinton today
> announced his intent to nominate Ambassador David L. Aaron for the
> position of Under Secretary for International Trade at the Department
> of Commerce.

and

> 	WASHINGTON (AP) - FBI Director Louis Freeh today declared his
> agency "in great shape" despite a recent spate of public relations
> embarrassments and said he has no plans to step down from his job.

>	But today, Freeh said he may even serve out his 10-year term.
>	"I'm staying on," he said. "I've got no current plans to leave."

Freeh denied reports that Froomkin, Junger, Broiles, Karn and Shostack had
large vacant portions at the back end of their calendars, or that Crispin
and Toto had not even bothered to order one for next year.

Thread