1997-09-26 - Re: Concrete examples re why we can’t trust the government with

Header Data

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
To: gbroiles@netbox.com (Greg Broiles)
Message Hash: 70156dac53d877bbee6953086ed85b9cdb89c33e2206b03afa1a3369abbf0ffc
Message ID: <199709260044.RAA13926@eff.org>
Reply To: <3.0.3.32.19970925172115.007e7370@mail.io.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-09-26 01:09:12 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:09:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Stanton McCandlish <mech@eff.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:09:12 +0800
To: gbroiles@netbox.com (Greg Broiles)
Subject: Re: Concrete examples re why we can't trust the government with

Cf. "FileGate", the frequent prosecution of IRS employees busted selling
American's personal tax information to PIs and other nosy parties, and FL
state(?) health worker caught giving out diskettes of AIDS patient records
at a local bar.  There are also cases of  DMV giving out contact info that
has resulted in stalkings and murders.  Look also for other Ames-alikes.
JEdgar himself was blackmailing.

Greg Broiles typed:

--
Stanton McCandlish                                           mech@eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation                           Program Director

Thread