1997-09-04 - Re: Big Brother is watching

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9c6e5a86507f8033eef970d6f8ce0d24f75be94a0099174b868d659d16429925
Message ID: <199709042002.WAA29666@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 04:27:25 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 04:27:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Big Brother is watching

Tim May wrote:

> At 9:03 AM -0700 9/4/97, Anonymous wrote:
> >> Yes, rest assured that Big Brother is watching. Three CopBots have been
> >> deployed around the county to take pictures of vehicles exiting
> >> intersections after the light has turned red.

> (We have the cameras in our area, too. In Campbell, CA, for example. My
> recollection from news stories is that the camera also snaps a photo of the
> driver, allowing reasonably positive ID. If the photo is blurred or not
> usable in court, the traffic charge is dropped (probably only if
> challenged, though). Some interesting constitutional issues, it seems to
> me. Namely, if Alice is driving Bob's car and is ticketed, should Bob face
> the points on his license? Or even criminal charges? Seems to violate our
> notions of scienter.)

  Their is a pair of on-off ramps in the Bay area where they have the
PhotoCop Bots on both sides you can get nailed both ways if you circle
back and forth.
  I like to steal the plates off of a matching vehicle late at night
and spend an hour or so speeding back and forth between the exits, then
replacing the plates on the vehicle when I'm done.
(Hint: wear a cap and glasses with the big clown nose.)

  Not that I'm a troublemaker...

PlateMonger

Thread