1997-09-03 - Re: NSA/NIST Security Lab

Header Data

From: Uran233@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: c3d188f86d772294300592561e499a81acd7b87a5f5b83fb5fe2bff0cd8ee84a
Message ID: <9709030458411919366449@emout04.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1997-09-03 11:00:02 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:00:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Uran233@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:00:02 +0800
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Subject: Re: NSA/NIST Security Lab

Yes but the NSA really wanted the Skipjack for DOD messsages. They (probably)
monitor all of those anyway. But Matt did alot of work on his project but did
he show how to brak Skipjack and does this totally trash the Fortezza
 program? I being niaive would not belive that the NSA would let the process
continue if it was unsecure, of cousre if they can read all the messages and
are sure that others can not. Maybe it is secure except for NSA. But does
that mean it is not a good algorithm? DES stood around for a long time, in
the public sense.  But no one knos if there is a trapdoor. Of course I may be
all wrong her but it is a thouhht

Thread