1997-09-11 - ANNOUNCE: NIST AES Advanced Encryption System development effort

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: cryptography@c2.net
Message Hash: cc17af17d8cfb32a16b3d6a0aa41cd6673f5974105537add1a572178d18d827a
Message ID: <3.0.3.32.19970910172718.006b75c4@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:47:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:47:48 +0800
To: cryptography@c2.net
Subject: ANNOUNCE: NIST AES Advanced Encryption System development effort

NIST is putting out a call for candidates for an Advanced Encryption System,
following work and comment periods earlier this year.
	http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/aes_home.htm
Symmetric block cypher, 128-bit blocks, keylengths 128, 192, 256.
No mention of escrow

>Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:50:11 -0400
>To: foti@st1.ncsl.nist.gov
>From: Jim Foti <foti@st1.ncsl.nist.gov>
>Subject: Update on AES development effort
>
>Folks,
>
>Please take a look at <http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/aes/aes_home.htm>
>for the AES call for candidate algorithms, which is expected to be
>published in the Federal Register on Friday, Sept. 12.
>
>As is indicated in the announcement, clarification questions should be
>directed to "aesquest@nist.gov".
>
>Once again, this "FYI" message is being sent to all of you who either
>registered for the April '97 workshop, attended that workshop, or provided
>comments on the original Federal Register notice in January.  We really
>appreciate your interest in this development effort.
>
>Regards,
>Jim Foti

Thread