1997-09-04 - Freeh is Marked for Deletion

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e45a53e25bf90bccaddd96c478754137d4f4dae1e916eed213be790fb2e17137
Message ID: <v03102806b0347d239bf3@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19970904132738.0071dd00@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-09-04 15:27:30 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 23:27:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 23:27:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Freeh is Marked for Deletion

At 6:43 AM -0700 9/4/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>The article says:
>
>   September 4, 1997
>   Encryption Tops Wide-Ranging Net Agenda in Congress
>   By JERI CLAUSING
>
>   WASHINGTON -- As Congress returns from its summer break this week, it
>   faces a host of legislative initiatives that could shape the future of
>   online privacy, commerce and jurisdiction.
>
>   Topping the agenda is encryption, an issue that has pitted President
>   Clinton and his top crime fighters against virtually everybody else.
>
>I think that's basically right. Who else (besides perhaps local and state
>"crime fighters," the spooks, and some key escrow-happy businesses)
>supports this policy?

Who supports this policy? All those who count in this democratic world:
NSA, FBI, NIST, DEA, FinCEN. BND, Mossad, GCHQ, DGSE, Annam, DIA, Chobetsu,

We're in a state of war with these war criminals.

Freeh must be removed by any means necessary. His calling for mandatory (or
involuntary) key escrow marks him as unworthy of continued tenure. He is
marked for deletion.

--Tim May