1997-09-17 - Re: Telephone bugging devices

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: eaadaebc676a1b9fc94fd88e86b99f7edfc9a986c9eb671cbe9cc2c69f19d17b
Message ID: <199709172122.RAA10572@www.video-collage.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 05:31:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 05:31:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Telephone bugging devices

At 01:49 PM 9/16/97 -0400, ERIC HUGHES wrote:

>I was wondering if you can give me infomation on how and where i can get
>a non visible telephone bugging device. Cost as well.
>
>Or a room bugging  device non visible as long as it can only be detected
>by detecters

Radio Shack.  It's called a FM Wireless Microphone.
You can probably get one for less than 20 bucks.
You can then take the shell off of this, probably a little black rectangle
or a childs toy microphone, and you will have a nie little circuit board.
Battery life is a problem, but you can work out a solution to that depending
on where you put it.
Hide it either on the underside of surfaces below eye level or on the top
surfaces of objects a foot or so above head level.

They sell some more dedicated hardware out of the back of magazines like
popular science and popular mechanics.  Look for advertisements that claim
that thier product can BROADCAST UP TO A HALF MILE and show a picture of
something next to a quarter.

Thread