1997-09-29 - Re: write up AP for FC++

Header Data

From: “James A. Donald” <jamesd@echeque.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f714a65043733ad9c653ce344deb907d55d9773fd61cf53c6e11b11d925ab14c
Message ID: <199709282139.OAA07351@proxy3.ba.best.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:42:12 +0800

Raw message

From: "James A. Donald" <jamesd@echeque.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 10:42:12 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: write up AP for FC++

At 09:04 PM 9/27/97 -0500, Black Unicorn wrote:
> Try to keep in mind that Bell went to jail for crimes only semi-related to
> his AP ranting.

Not too many people face a lengthy period of imprisonment without trial,
followed by a lengthy period of imprisonment without sentence, for using
a false social security number and possession of a stink bomb.

Actually Jim Bell's greatest offence was being broke.  I have seen some
truly laughable convictions of people with public defenders.  He who pays
the piper calls the tune.  If you are charged with politically incorrect
crimes, and have a public defender, you have two prosecutors and no defender,
and under those circumstances a prosecutor could convict a dog of being
a ham sandwich, and have him sentenced to death by drowning in mustard.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread