1997-09-09 - Re: Gao’s Chaos Cryptosystem Algorithm

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: tcmay@got.net (Tim May)
Message Hash: f73197589cac1533e5a16c078a2f255a1841768dbe564fde0a27fdd2f387e57f
Message ID: <199709090415.XAA09883@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <v03102805b03a7b36c47c@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-09-09 04:57:08 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:57:08 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:57:08 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Tim May)
Subject: Re: Gao's Chaos Cryptosystem Algorithm

Tim May wrote:
> At 7:54 PM -0700 9/8/97, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> >Nobuki Nakatuji wrote:
> >> Gao's Chaos Cryptosystem Algorithm
> >>
> >> 1.key input
> >> 2.input key generate chaos initial condition
> >> 3.input key generate chaos signal(random number)
> >> 4.chaos initial condition plus chaos signal
> >>   XOR plain text
> >
> >How do you generate "chaos"?
> >
> >	- Igor.
>
> Chaos may be generated with dripping water faucets, with alpha particle
> emissions,  with Johnson noise.
>
> It matters not, though, as schemes like this are dependent on key exchange,
> and by repeatability of whatever "chaotic process" they employ.
>
> They can be ignored.
>
> The fact that "Nobuki Nakatuji" only appeared on our list days before the
> revealing of his profound new breakthrough is telling. And all too
> predictable.

Tim, my question was related to items 2 and 3. I think that Nobuku san
suggested a way to generate a stream of pseudo-random bits from an
inputted text. The important question is, how Prof. Nobuku is going to
do it exactly. If done right, I believe that his system is great if the
key is never reused.

Is that correct?

Sayonara

	- Igor.