1997-09-20 - Re: “Matchcode” technology sparks privacy flames…..

Header Data

From: “Imgis Inc.” <BB@imgis.com>
To: Will Rodger <rodger@worldnet.att.net>
Message Hash: fcd2e9761ce134659b38f69b9fdb7b22b8705b4eadeabdbe346488bb80957bc1
Message ID: <34242D52.382D@imgis.com>
Reply To: <3.0.3.32.19970920151414.006db534@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-09-20 20:20:23 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 04:20:23 +0800

Raw message

From: "Imgis Inc." <BB@imgis.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 04:20:23 +0800
To: Will Rodger <rodger@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: "Matchcode" technology sparks privacy flames.....

Will Rodger blathered:

> Ad tracking technology sparks new privacy war
> By Will Rodger
> September 19, 1997
> 11:42 AM PDT
>  Inter@ctive Week Online
>
> An effort supported by two of the world's largest advertising brokers
> to tailor advertising to individual Internet users may pose the
> greatest threat yet to the protection of privacy in cyberspace,
> activists said.
> Yet, at the same time, the system has the ability to track the
> movements of any Internet user across participating sites,
> potentially revealing a dizzying array of confidential information,
> including users' reading habits, health concerns, political
> inclinations and religious affiliations. Imgis executives insist they
> won't do so, but the danger remains, critics said.

Imgis Inc. would like to point out that these libelous accusations
are being made by a sick, twisted individual who has visited over
3,000 pornography sites in the last six months. (68 of them on
Mother's Day!)
Will Rodgers is well known to Imgis Inc. to be a perverted leftist
loser who spends the time he is not busy slandering honest, decent
people such as ourselves, cruising the InterNet in search of
underage teenage sluts who like long walks in the park, holding
hands under the full moon, AND CROWBARS SHOVED UP THEIR ASS DURING
STRANGE SEXUAL ACTIVITIES WITH FARMYARD BEASTS!
He has AIDS, cancer, and will soon have his health insurance canceled
by one of our biggest clients. He worships the *wrong* God and votes
for the *wrong* political candidates.

Our future projections, based on his past activities, indicate that
he will soon become a drug dealing pornographer and a terrorist
pedophile.
So ask yourself, "Is this the kind of person I want to have shaping
my views about Imgis Inc.'s public service software?"
If your answer is "Yes.", then perhaps we should reveal what we know
about YOU!

Sincerely,
A. Hoir
Janitor,