1997-10-30 - Re: Clinton’s Bigger Gun Ban

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 15f12beebd093becfcb69d4addcaa636ecf1cc649290ed0a81aef8a5655576f0
Message ID: <v03102801b07d8bcee72b@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <WWjzEOw02j8z4uCOXRf5RA==@bureau42.ml.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-30 02:07:21 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:07:21 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 10:07:21 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Clinton's Bigger Gun Ban

At 1:30 PM -0700 10/29/97, bureau42 Anonymous Remailer wrote:
>This is the intro from:
>http://www.nra.org/pub/ila/1997/97-10-24_faxalert_bigger_gun_ban
>
>                   THE BIGGER CLINTON GUN BAN
>
>     As reported in Wednesday's Special FAX Alert, the Clinton-
>Gore Administration is planning to issue a directive to ban
>certain types of foreign-made firearms from coming into this
>country. We believe the White House will move to stop all
>commerce in certain semi-automatic firearms that conform in every
>way to the legal requirements set forth in both the Clinton Gun
>Ban of 1994 and the 1989 import ban. Sources also suggest that
>the directive will order the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and
>Firearms to convene a study group to further narrow the scope of
>firearms that qualify for importation under the "sporting
>purposes" test. Given past action, a ban on all imported handguns
>is not unlikely.

The Klinton Klan has already effectively banned imported SKS ammo (7.62x29,
as I recall, given that I don't have any rifles chambering this popular
round).

Those with any sense are racing to stock up before a Full Ban is enacted
(via Executive Order, the easiers form of enactment of laws in these
post-constitutional years).

So many targets, so little time.

--Tim May