1997-10-13 - Re: Stronghold

Header Data

From: Jeff Barber <jeffb@issl.atl.hp.com>
To: aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk
Message Hash: 1a9e6e27c64b839afbcef1b78e1d053b5090dfc3d982f090220b8f7bc7653444
Message ID: <199710131452.KAA26663@jafar.issl.atl.hp.com>
Reply To: <199710121508.QAA04569@server.test.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-13 13:59:38 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 21:59:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Jeff Barber <jeffb@issl.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 21:59:38 +0800
To: aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Stronghold

Adam Back writes:

> Dimitri Vulis <dlv@bwalk.dm.com> writes:

> > did _not appear on the "unedited" list. Nevertheless at least one
> > lying C2Net shill from Hewlett Packard claims that my articles
> > appearing on the unedited list on January 30th prove that I wasn't
> > being filtered from "unedited" one week later.
>
> Some thing's just can't be proven.  That logic clearly doesn't flow.

For the record, I made no such claim.  In fact, my exact words were:

[me:]
> Since obviously none of us who were on the -unedited list can say for
> sure whether we received everything sent to it, I can't say with
> certainty this never happened.  But....
> This is the problem with being known as a liar.  Nobody is inclined to
> believe what you say without substantitation.  So I still don't see any
> reason to believe that anything was "censored" from the unedited list.

But Dimitri has claimed that there were "numerous people" who were
CC'd to the message that is alleged to have disappeared from -unedited.
I'm sure they'll all be chiming in to back him up just like John Young
did. :-)

-- Jeff (C2Net shill?  now if I can only get Sameer to pay me for it)

Thread