1997-10-12 - Re: Internet Via Electric Lines?

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: trei@process.com
Message Hash: 4fdf3d69a28cba9677a9fa4b207bedd0d666adbf98ade1ff8ca3208de7f940d0
Message ID: <199710120611.CAA29682@homeport.org>
Reply To: <199710081351.GAA15055@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-12 06:31:44 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:31:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:31:44 +0800
To: trei@process.com
Subject: Re: Internet Via Electric Lines?

At Interop, someone mentioned to me that Nortel has announced a system
for getting 192k over power lines.  Theres a link on their home page,
but its broken.

On another topic, someone asked me about a "new breakthrough in
quantum computing."  Anyone know of an announcement in the last week?

Adam

Peter Trei wrote:
| > To:            cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
| > From:          Jonathan Wienke <JonWienk@ix.netcom.com>
| > I heard on the ABC hourly news that some genius had figured out a way
| > to use electrical power lines for data transmission, so that the power
| > grid could be integrated into the Internet.  Does anyone have any
| > details / pointers?

					               -Hume

Thread