1997-10-10 - Re: “Show me an example of terrorists using the Internet or crypto”

Header Data

From: “snow” <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: cynthb@sonetis.com (Cynthia Brown)
Message Hash: 8cbe1b0b031421ba87f80be9b29d8aedf7d695c06274721a1aa6082644b07aba
Message ID: <199710100607.BAA00869@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.971001154053.7185A-100000@mrburns.iosphere.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-10 06:14:11 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:14:11 +0800

Raw message

From: "snow" <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 14:14:11 +0800
To: cynthb@sonetis.com (Cynthia Brown)
Subject: Re: "Show me an example of terrorists using the Internet or crypto"

> On Wed, 1 Oct 1997, Alex Le Heux wrote:
>>You people just don't get it do you? A gun has one purpose: To kill. Just like
>>any other tool, a gun, if it is available _will_ be used at some point.
>
>>So making sure there are lots of guns around only serves to make a lot of
>>people very dead. This is a Bad Thing.
> I agree wholeheartedly.  Uncontrolled guns do not solve problems, they
> create them.  If most households have at least one firearm, it makes it

	Name one problem that you have with "uncontrolled" guns that you
don't with controlled ones.

> that much easier for a criminal to obtain one by stealing yours while you
> are at work.

	Not if it is with you.

> Canada may be regulated to death according to most libertarians, but I for
> one like it that way.  I can walk alone and unarmed at night in Ottawa,
> Toronto, etc. without fearing for my life.  Can a female resident of
> Washington or New York say the same?  Our schools do not have metal detectors
> at the entrances because they are not needed.

	Toronto has how many people? And the cultural mix is?

> IMNSHO the best way to fight crime is not with bigger guns than the "bad
> guys", but with better social programs such as universal health care, and
> improved day care so single parents can show their kids what a productive

	Crap. The kind of crime that guns stop isn't the kind solved with
"better social conditions". Rape has nothing to do with how much money _either_
person makes. Muder rarely does. If you can't see this, then you have your
head firmly up your governments ass.

	Stop and take a hard look at who kills who with guns and why.

> lifestyle looks like.  This takes longer than blowing the brains out of some
> teenager that feels his only path to a better life is through crime, and it
> doesn't give the same adrenalin rush.  However, it works at the source of
> crime, and not the consequences.

	You may know a bit about crypto, but you don't know a god damn thing
about crime and it's causes. Shoemaker stick to your lasts.

Thread