1997-10-27 - Re: Tim’s worst nightmare

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 9203df6f9b8dd6a7fac0e8e4d42ea8314a664eb177cb0bcac4254c4bfb472d1e
Message ID: <v03102806b07a90f77c50@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199710271918.UAA22699@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-27 19:57:27 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:57:27 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 03:57:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Tim's worst nightmare

At 12:18 PM -0700 10/27/97, Anonymous wrote:
> > Woman in Standoff Shoots at Police
> > Filed at 10:12 a.m.  EST
> > By The Associated Press
>
> > ROBY, Ill.  (AP) -- Gunfire rang out again at the home of a
> > woman involved in a month-long standoff with authorities who
> > have a court order to bring her in for psychological testing.
>

>Just imagine a few hundred (or thousand) people getting together in
>Roby, Ill., defying the police-ordered half mile ban around her
>house and sitting down peacefully between her and the police...

Such persons are called "cannon fodder."

Not too far from me, some dumb shit antiwar protestor decided to practice a
Gandhi-style protest of munitions shipments by train. So he sat down on the
tracks near the Concord Naval Weapons Station.

Chop, chop, off went the legs.

He now, having somehow survived this moral victory, campaigns for more
statist laws forcing private businesses to provide ramps and elevators for
cripples.

--Tim May