1997-10-29 - Re: Infastructure Protection and Paranoia

Header Data

From: Randall Farmer <rfarmer@HiWAAY.net>
To: N/A
Message Hash: a9458dad8a456ef5ff446b6ca5c6e6c4a20e72e0ec02ee5483a5f4b8ea827567
Message ID: <Pine.OSF.3.96.971028162119.2676B-100000@fly.HiWAAY.net>
Reply To: <3455885C.204E@dev.null>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-29 03:19:10 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:19:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Randall Farmer <rfarmer@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:19:10 +0800
Subject: Re: Infastructure Protection and Paranoia

>   Why don't you phone up NSA and tell them that you made a Xerox (TM)
> copy of the InfoWar plans left overnight at the bar/lounge at the
> Holiday Inn in Albuquerque last week?

How the hell did my papers get *there*? :-)

[Before you even ask, NO, those weren't my papers]

>   These rocket scientists can't figure out that our infrastructures
> might not need all that much defending if our dearly beloved LEA's,
> overt and covert, were not sticking foreign objects in the citizen's
> anus, sabotaging other countries' infrastructures and economies,
> assassinating citizens and foreign citizens, etc., etc.

Well, even if the establishment weren't as screwed as it is, you'd still have a
few purely sadistic people (or people maligned by someone other than Uncle Sam
and his relatives) attacking the infrastructure...enough of them that the
infrastructures (that's one damn cool word) would still need good cryptographic
protection.

>   The world is threatened by the DOD...

Screwballs with nukes they may be, but their job is still to defend the U.S.;
you'd think you could at least trust them to keep the power/water/phone lines
from being a target for an attack.

> TruthMonger

Randall Farmer
    rfarmer@hiwaay.net