1997-10-24 - CDR Operators & interaction…

Header Data

From: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: aaf9ddacb212eb7793fbcd2a54259ccfa4f70c59d4794521f6a699f8e036af92
Message ID: <199710240408.XAA21717@einstein.ssz.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:49:42 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:49:42 +0800
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: CDR Operators & interaction...

Hi,

I have received a couple of pieces of mail that concern me. The content
seems to indicate that people have one or both of two basic misconceptions
about the CDR:

 -  The operators do not communicate between ourselves unless one of us
    begins to recieve duplicates or other indications of problems at
    another site. Outside of that we simply don't communicate.

 -  I am NOT in any way the moderator, central clearing house, or in
    any other manner concerned with the operation of the 'network' of
    remailers. I operarate SSZ as a home-based business and the
    CDR is motivated by my personal interest in the various issues
    as well as the fact that it costs nothing extra for me to carry.

The remailer network was initialy instituted by Igor and myself in order to
keep the Cypherpunks mailing list alive after the toad.com announcement that
the mailing list was going away due to the various issue related to the
moderation experiment. The entire point was to create a system such that it
was simple and could not be compromised by any single operator.

Furthermore, if you or anyone you know is interested in joining the CDR as a
remailer node, archive site, mail-news gateway, etc. then send a message to
the list requesting the various operators for feeds. SSZ has a standing
invitation to anyone who desires to have a full-time participant.

   |    The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there   |
   |    be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.       |
   |                                       -Alan Greenspan-             |
   |                                                 ravage@ssz.com     |