1997-10-14 - Re: Encyrption Program

Header Data

From: semprini@theschool.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b0160c2700642b37154a834478610c1b88b8c972e0e8f8fd27999b6912c4fc86
Message ID: <199710141958.MAA22050@k2.brigadoon.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 05:14:57 +0800

Raw message

From: semprini@theschool.com
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 05:14:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Encyrption Program

This is in response to the several posts regarding the assumed
weakness in the program I wrote:

    While it is true that PRNG's are not very good, because of the
inherent lattice structure, I believe I found a way around that
problem. To work around the lattice problem, I used a systm of cubic
arrays. The program first creates sixteen cubic arrays, and fills
them one space at a time with random characters. When the stream of
characters to be XORed with the plaintext is generated, it picks a
random cube and a random location with that cube. The resulting
"random" character is then XORed with the appropriate character of
the plaintext. If someone can prove to me that this method is stupid
or easily breakable, I would actually be happy. So, those of you bent
on proving that I'm wrong, I heartily encourage you to do so. As I
mentioned before, you can download both the compiled version *and*
the source at "http://www.brigadoon.com/~semprini/3dmx". If you are
having trouble reaching that site, e-mail me and I will send you a
copy via e-mail.

    Thank you for your interest and criticisms. They have been
helpful.

--Dylan

Thread