1997-10-06 - Re: Stronghold

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d191fec2b98b3fbc084346c137264d74eaffdabf727457af3809d2bc63c304a7
Message ID: <2mw5De1w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199710060047.BAA02975@server.test.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-06 04:31:46 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:31:46 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:31:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Stronghold

Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk> writes:

> Dimitri Vulis <dlv@bwalk.dm.com> writes:
> > > Where do people get these bizarre ideas? C2 didn't censor the list. A guy
> > > who happened to work for C2 dropped some messages from one list. The
> > > messages still went out on the unfiltered list. Had he worked for Mc
> > > Donald's or the the NYC Sanitiation Department, would you blame them for
> > > this as well?
> >
> > Lucky is lying: the censored articles were also filtered from the
> > list which was billed as being unfiltered.
>
> There were 3 lists:
>
> cypherpunks-unedited		(everything)
> cypherpunks			(moderated by Sandy)
> cypherpunks-flames		(the stuff Sandy rejected)
>
> At the time I was subscribed to cypherpunks and cypherpunks-flames in
> the belief that this would result in getting everything, and save the
> bandwidth of subscribing to all 3, but allow me to tell what was
> rejected.
>
> I didn't see the censored post at all.  This means at least that Sandy
> didn't post it to either of cypherpunks or cypherpunks-flames.  This
> is consistent with his later admission that he considered Dimitri's
> comments on Stronghold security as a conflict of interests for him to
> post, as he was manually posting to both of those lists.
>
> Unfortunately I wasn't on cypherpunks-unedited at the time, but I
> thought that it was immediate send out from toad.com without going via
> Sandy.

Going over my notes I see that at least one of my submissions - the
one quoting the C2Net lawyer letter in its entirety - didn't appear
even on cypherpunks-unedited.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM