1997-10-09 - Re: Anthrax Bombs

Header Data

From: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
To: Tim May <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: d2c63c5874b6e13ccbd778e36b270d56c7ab553a685da69ed7d2be74eabe8f71
Message ID: <v03102802b061c14f0918@[10.0.2.15]>
Reply To: <v0300780cb06157ccb00a@[207.94.249.179]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-09 00:32:47 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 08:32:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 08:32:47 +0800
To: Tim May <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Anthrax Bombs

>I'd fear an "anthrax bomb" a lot more than a 2 KT suitcase nuke. (If I
>lived in a crowded target zone, aka a soft target, which I don't.)
[snip]

Amen.

>By comparison, anthrax bacillus is relatively easy to manufacture, and
>aerosol dispersion could kill hundreds of thousands or more before even
>being detected. Aerosolized dispersion in Washington or Manhattan could be
>a far worse human and infrastructure disaster than a suitcase nuke.
>
>I expect this sort of attack to occur fairly soon.

I'm pretty surprised that someone has posted practical steps for obtaining,
culturing. preparation and manufacture of inexpensive aerosol generators.

--Steve

Thread