1997-10-02 - Re: Kill All The NIGGERS (Vote for Bob Dole))

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: “S. M. Halloran” <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: da701a7fb59ccf81ae486a94266174ea9391d0f046488c5073dafd9aec6b9d69
Message ID: <v03102807b05979fdf0e5@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <34337389.21D9@dev.null>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-02 16:41:43 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 00:41:43 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 00:41:43 +0800
To: "S. M. Halloran" <cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: Kill All The NIGGERS  (Vote for Bob Dole))

At 6:28 AM -0700 10/2/97, S. M. Halloran wrote:
>Racist Remailer <rr@dev.null> wrote on  2 Oct 97:
>
>[manifest immaturity deleted]
>
>Okay, on whose watch did this one get out?
>
>(Yes, I did reply, and yes, I plead guilty for keeping this thread
>going by having done so...so do you too have to reply?)

I expect you're new on the list, having only seen your name the last few
days. Welcome to the list.

As for "on whose watch did this one get out?" question, I hope you are not
assuming or expecting that remailer operators screen messages for
politeness, or even for sedition, libel, and copyright violation?

Remailers simply remail. Some remailers have elected to have lists of
addresses they will not send to (like *.whitehouse.gov), and some limit
sizes, and a few other such things. But neither _content_ nor _title_ is a
screening criterion by any remailer I have heard of.

Get used to it.

(Oh, and please send posts to one of the "real" Cypherpunks lists, not the
temporary toad.com address.)

--Tim May