1997-10-15 - Re: CFV: comp.org.cauce moderated – support privacy and anonymity

Header Data

From: “Igor Chudov @ home” <ichudov@www.video-collage.com>
To: remailer-operators@anon.lcs.mit.edu
Message Hash: df0cde2a23c91169f4184549e6b4cb2283093aee1ec5161d09cbc640fe128435
Message ID: <199710151705.RAA20443@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <3447bfd7.22958863@128.2.84.191>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-15 17:13:46 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 01:13:46 +0800

Raw message

From: "Igor Chudov @ home" <ichudov@www.video-collage.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 01:13:46 +0800
To: remailer-operators@anon.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Re: CFV: comp.org.cauce moderated -- support privacy and anonymity

For your information -- all anonymity advocates take note of the
comp.org.cauce Call For Votes which wants to outlaw anonymity.

The Call For Votes has been posted to news.groups, with a very
lively discussion that followed. You may be amused to read it.

igor

In news.groups, phelix@vallnet.com <phelix@vallnet.com> wrote:
* On 14 Oct 1997 11:57:07 -0400, moz@server2.mich.com (John C. Mozena) wrote:
*
* >In article <slrn646v9m.e2u.ichudov@manifold.algebra.com>,
* >Igor Chudov @ home <ichudov@algebra.com> wrote:
* >
* >>We have exposed your arguments against munging as bogus.
* >
* >You have exposed nothing but your ability to be hateful.
* >
* >>But, what do you have against anonymity?
* >
* >Nothing. What right do you have, though, to force me and others to
* >inconvenience ourselves so you can post anonymously or protect yourself
* >from spam?
* >
* >>Vote AGAINST comp.org.cauce which wants to outlaw anonymity and
* >>use of spamblocked addresses. Go to news.groups and find the
* >>CFV for comp.org.cauce, with the ballot enclosed.
* >
* >Vote for comp.org.cauce, which protects the utility of a newsgroup and the
* >freedom of postmasters to not run anonymous posting services should they
* >not so desire.
*
* Well, I just started reading this, and I didn't really know which way to
* vote.  But such an anti-anonymnity stance makes the choice clear:
*
* vote *NO*.
*
* Thanks for clearing things up, John.
*
* -- Phelix
*

--
	- Igor.

The average American spends a total of six (6) months in prison.

Thread