1997-10-23 - Re: PGP, Inc.–What were they thinking?

Header Data

From: Phillip Half-Baked <phb@dev.null>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e2963114cb68e694bec0b935c685dc74f4d3731514e48ccc769dce1ac01d38a9
Message ID: <344F1C80.6E0F@dev.null>
Reply To: <01bcdf5a$4a2d3a60$06060606@russell>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-23 09:54:19 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:54:19 +0800

Raw message

From: Phillip Half-Baked <phb@dev.null>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 17:54:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: PGP, Inc.--What were they thinking?

Phillip M. Hallam-Baker wrote:

> I should point out before starting that I now work for Verisign. This
> following personal opinion however and may not reflect any corporate policy
> that may or may not exist.

Knowing who is pulling Verisign's strings, I sincerely doubt that
a thinly-veiled character assassination of Phil Zimmermann is out
of line with their corporate policy.

It's a little early to start cumming in your pants over PGP's loss
of reputation capital, P[s]hill.
When the dust is finished settling in the battle deciding whether we
will live in a total surveillance state, or not, Verisign is likely to
end up at the bottom of the dust-bin (unless, of course, you accomplish
your aims at the company very, very quickly--which is highly unlikely).

Phill Half-Baked
"Stick a knife in me, I'm half-done."

Thread