1997-10-19 - Re: Security flaws introduced by “other readers” in CMR

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
To: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Message Hash: e2cfa00407cae91081e2cdf084e2e24dba15d861fe98afada91decd0b1af9725
Message ID: <199710191653.MAA06075@users.invweb.net>
Reply To: <199710190903.KAA00780@server.test.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-19 16:58:10 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 00:58:10 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 00:58:10 +0800
To: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Security flaws introduced by "other readers" in CMR

In <199710190903.KAA00780@server.test.net>, on 10/19/97
   at 10, Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk> said:

>I talked to some people at CESG (Communications Electronics Security
>Group) (they are part of GCHQ, UK NSA equivalent) in a business setting.
>It was they who said that France was changing position to going over to
>"key escrow" or TTPs (Trusted Third Parties).  From their point of view
>they seemed to view this as a good development, because they could use
>France as an example of a progressive, socially responsible government
>which the UK government should follow the example of.  They were very
>happy with this because they could use it in their arguments to attempt
>to persuade the UK government and people.

France as a model?!? ROTFLMAO!!!!

I wouldn't recomend Russia or China to follow the French model on
anything, let alone a country like the UK who's government every now and
then remembers what democracy and freedom are.

William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html