1997-10-30 - Re: Terrorism is a NON-THREAT (fwd)

Header Data

From: Tim Griffiths <T.G.Griffiths@exeter.ac.uk>
To: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@invweb.net>
Message Hash: efef359421e63f41b0c26a2c2eceb9674f2c045cb542bcd19ea052ffbd106ca2
Message ID: <b05139e147%Tim@tim01.ex.ac.uk>
Reply To: <199710301451.JAA23256@users.invweb.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-30 15:24:28 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:24:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim Griffiths <T.G.Griffiths@exeter.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 23:24:28 +0800
To: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@invweb.net>
Subject: Re: Terrorism is a NON-THREAT (fwd)

Bill wrote:

> The whole point of my orriginal message that you seem unable to grasp ("no
> suprise") is that 50-100 deaths/year does not justify turning this country
> into a police state!!
>
> - --
> - ---------------------------------------------------------------
> William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

 Yup, I don't disagree with that. But, I have trouble answering the
 obvious question, 'well, how many lives _does_ it take before something
 is done?'. Is there any way to quantify this kind of thing?

 We hear on TV etc people saying "If this draconian measure saves the
 life of one innocent child its worth the loss of my right to walk in
 the park, or whatever". This is clearly shit, but can people suggest a
 sensible measure of when new legistlation is justified?

 Tim G
 --
 Tim Griffiths
 'There are no honourable agreements that involve the exchange of a

Thread