1997-10-01 - Show me an example of Canadians stopping criminals with guns / Re: “Show me an example of terrorists using the Internet or crypto”

Header Data

From: Small Cajones Remailer <scr@dev.null>
To: Cynthia Brown <cynthb@sonetis.com>
Message Hash: f0101f9379d240772bcbe15103cc496dcaa17452e42e8feca8019981faa0efef
Message ID: <3432BDD0.232@dev.null>
Reply To: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.971001154053.7185A-100000@mrburns.iosphere.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-10-01 21:55:00 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 05:55:00 +0800

Raw message

From: Small Cajones Remailer <scr@dev.null>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 05:55:00 +0800
To: Cynthia Brown <cynthb@sonetis.com>
Subject: Show me an example of Canadians stopping criminals with guns / Re: "Show me an example of terrorists using the Internet or crypto"

Cynthia Brown wrote:
> Canada may be regulated to death according to most libertarians, but I for
> one like it that way.  I can walk alone and unarmed at night in Ottawa,
> Toronto, etc. without fearing for my life.

  I can walk alone and armed anywhere I damn please, without fearing
for my life.

>  Can a female resident of
> Washington or New York say the same?  Our schools do not have metal detectors
> at the entrances because they are not needed.

  Without fascist gun control measures in place, Canada had never had
a big problem with gun-related violence.
  The fact that the Canadian government has gone to such great lengths
to 'solve' a problem which does not exist, speaks volumes.

> IMNSHO the best way to fight crime is not with bigger guns than the "bad
> guys", but with better social programs such as universal health care, and
> improved day care so single parents can show their kids what a productive
> lifestyle looks like.  This takes longer than blowing the brains out of some
> teenager that feels his only path to a better life is through crime, and it
> doesn't give the same adrenalin rush.  However, it works at the source of
> crime, and not the consequences.

  This is precisely the reason that governments are pushing for stronger
and stronger gun control laws.
  The government has no interest in removing the source of crime. Crime-
-violent crime, in particular--is the government's best friend. By using
gun control to disarm *only* the law-abiding citizens, they put the
safety of the citizens in the hands of their own LEA's. And by failing
provide safety for the law-abiding citizens, they force more and more
of them to break the law in order to protect themself.

> Cynthia, unrepentant bleeding-heart liberal

  Suzie, unrepentant bleeding-pussy hoir.

>         Klein bottle for rent; enquire within.

         Calvin Kleins for rent; enquire within.

Suzy Creamcheese