1997-10-27 - Re: Fucking Minors / Re: NABMLA embattled – mirror sites?

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fd144355f560bbf2c9618882c249d0c6d4d53f0287010868208569db0da72f06
Message ID: <199710272150.WAA08567@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 06:11:28 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 06:11:28 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Fucking Minors / Re: NABMLA embattled -- mirror sites?

George Spelvin wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
> > That's right. People who are too lazy to drive a fourteen year old
> > to New Mexico, where they can legally fuck their brains out, should
> > go to jail for a long, long time.

>   I consider this issue so important that I thought it appropriate
> to reply to it even before it arrived at the Cypherpunks mailing
> list.

I would like to remind George Spelvin (if that is your  *real* name)
that is improper Netiquette to reply to your own anonymous posts
before they have even arrived to the mailing list to which they were
sent.
While the Mandatory/Voluntary Netiquette rules are unclear in regard
to those with psychic abilities responding to the posts of others
before they arrive at the mailing list, I am certain that the concept
is the same.

>   I believe that people should be required by law to provide not
> only their true identity when using the Internet for communications,
> but should also be required to provide their true physical location,
> so that law enforcement agencies will know whether what they are
> writing is legal or illegal in the state from which they are
> sending the communication.

  This is patently ridiculous!
  How do you know for certain that 'Anonymous' is not the person's
*real* name? And how do we know that Anonymous is not physically
*at* REPLAY.COM? Point to it on a map for me, why don't you?
  For that matter, how do we know that George Spelvin is *your*
real name? And how do we know if you are physically at dev.null?
  I think that others on the list will agree with me that your logic
is lame, and your arguments are ridiculous.

LegallyPullingMyOwnPudAtREPLAY.COMonger

Thread