1997-10-09 - export jobs not crypto

Header Data

From: Jim Burnes <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fd3fcc1f538af622844aac241b0d7be1095f83468c8f5634d0261104dbaac128
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.971009163000.425A-100000@is-chief>
Raw Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 06:53:06 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Burnes <jim.burnes@ssds.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 06:53:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: export jobs not crypto

I know this is probably like preaching to the choir, but
I remember Freeh recently saying that there were no
significant losses of software exportation to foreign
software companies.

Well he is obviously ignorant or lying through his teeth.

I'm about to recommend a software purchase from a foreign
software company that might exceed #300k.  Is that
on Freeh's radar yet?

Mind you, I don't care where people get their software, but
if Freeh is trying to calm the America Firsters by saying
that crypto imports aren't important I think someone is
congress ought to be informed.

Declan?  You're still out there in the pit of vipers.  Why
don't you tell them.  My congressman doesn't seem to listen
to me.

      "How do you explain school to higher intelligence?"
               Elliot to his brother in ET

Thread