1997-11-11 - No Subject

Header Data

From: bureau42 Anonymous Remailer <nobody@bureau42.ml.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 04e20bb1330d8a2ef48ad7e22738cd887c4aa128b3df402dc28a242cdf4932d8
Message ID: <72R+hx1gRrVqJIcQoAlFog==@bureau42.ml.org>
Raw Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 06:39:48 +0800

Raw message

From: bureau42 Anonymous Remailer <nobody@bureau42.ml.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 06:39:48 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

nospam-seesignature@ceddec.com writes:

> I believe in separation of church and state.  The state must get out of
> things like education and welfare (charity) and other things that are not
> their responsibility.
>
> The mistake was when the courts ruled that prayer could not occur in
> public (government) schools.  The very next day, every government school
> should have been closed down (this would also have shown the court that it
> should be careful with its rulings).  And society would not have
> experienced as much decay as it has.

Amen!  I remember when as a young teacher I used to lead my third grade
class in our daily devotional to Ba'al and Ishtar.  It got everyone off
to a good start and kept us grounded in proper moral values throughout
the school day.  (Of course every year there was some small group of
malcontent parents pissing and moaning about this and wanting me to lead
the class in Christian prayers!  Can you imagine?)

Society just hasn't been the same since.  Everything's going to hell
in a hand basket.

--
Ba'al-Boy

Thread