1997-11-12 - Re: FREE PSYCHOANLYSIS NIGHT ON THE CYPHERPUNKS LIST!!!

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 0fee564c680ce6df9bfdde7e34bc8c979e4da877a1baab20274c50bd37fb43aa
Message ID: <v03102801b08f856eebc9@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03110741b08e51241192@[139.167.130.248]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-12 17:22:35 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:22:35 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:22:35 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Re: FREE PSYCHOANLYSIS NIGHT ON THE CYPHERPUNKS LIST!!!

At 3:29 AM -0700 11/12/97, TruthMonger wrote:

>  Since Dr. Crispin, like old Doc Hettinga, is making claims of being
>able to recognize the subtle nuances of the psychological states of
>other list members (patient May, in particular), I wonder if Kent is
>equally adept at spotting the subtle psychological inferences in a

There seems to be an unhealthy desire by some to "armchair psychoanalyze"
the motivations and inner motivations of others. In recent days, me. (And
in the past, too. This recent episode of moaning about "What makes Tim say
the things he does? is not new...we've seen this script before.)

Detweiler used to rant for pages and pages about my state of mind and how
my words were "torturing" him, and on and on. This was an unhealthy
fixation on me, in my not so humble opinion.

Now Hettinga seems to have again fallen into this state. Though he styles
himself as an astute observer of human behavior, he fails utterly to
persuade with his insults and whinings.

Bob, get a life. Go do something useful. Make some real money.

Just stop whining about how I'm not sending you money to finance your
"Geodesic Hothouse Enterprises," or whatever, startups. And just stop
whining about how we all ought to tone down our words and so not make Big
Brother angry.

--Tim May

(P.S. The recent "Kent Krispin" posts are of course not from Kent Crispin.
I know that. But I do recall Crispin being one of the handful who got into
the "let's psychoanalyze the motivations of others" mode, so the comments
above are by Toto or whomever are actually not too far off base.)