1997-11-23 - Re: Influence as a voter

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 193aaf15d1e35bf7dc21f9324ca4e0e4783f1e5d3d2b67e4fdeb6fdadfaa09d5
Message ID: <0a1mge22w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199711231837.MAA00619@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-23 20:01:37 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 04:01:37 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 04:01:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Influence as a voter

ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home) writes:

> Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> > others not to :-). You don't have a choice about paying taxes to
> > pay for the horrible public schools / socialized medicine and your
> > influence as a voter ain't worth shit.
>
> Dimitri, some time ago there was a vote on a certain soc.culture.*
> newsgroup.
>
> As you know, the group passed, but if there was one YES vote less than
> the number cast, the group would not pass.
>
> That one vote came from you (thank you). Do you think that your influence
> in the vote was not worth shit? I think not.

Since that time, the news.groups voting process has become even more corrupt.
When the skirvins and the isleys want to pass (or not pass) a newsgroup,
they just make up votes from nonexistant addresses as needed.

I'm sure if it weren't for my YES vote, the UVV would have forged a YES
vote from someone else.  In fact, I have a strong suspicion that the UVV
either made up or discarded some YES votes to make it look like the
proposal passed by a single vote.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM