1997-11-14 - Re: Tim May’s offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Message Hash: 199128ed9dcd9736c596f227138c0a71852d873c1490dfac233af2927d67116a
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.971114141408.1522C-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <42ca13f9d34086b1b366bbfe8ab5e9da@anon.efga.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-14 19:35:29 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 03:35:29 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 03:35:29 +0800
To: Anonymous <anon@anon.efga.org>
Subject: Re: Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

> This illustrates what a liability the poster has become to the cypherpunks.
> The group is becoming just another militia front, identified with racism
> and white supremacy, applauding violent murder of government agents,
> one step from applauding the Oklahoma killings.  Its original purpose
> all but forgotten, the list has died, poisoned by the hatred flowing from
> its leader.

At the risk of responding to a post which has a good probability of being
a troll I will at least say that the above opinion may be that of several
members, but the fact is the list has evolved, it never had an original
defined purpose, at least not one easily put into words, and applauding
murder of government agents is a part of the whole strong crypto privacy
and liberty ethic. As for white supremacy, look elsewhere, I think you`ll
find Tim`s post an example of what the developed world knows as humour,
not a serious attack on any ethnic group.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/