1997-11-07 - Re: Protocols for Insurance to Maintain Privacy

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 1fc4451f5cd79f0a266bcea3000512921e1ddb72182fc1c62c62c553a0c69b07
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.971106194907.2054B-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <v03102803b0879c165aec@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-07 02:37:03 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:37:03 +0800

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:37:03 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Protocols for Insurance to Maintain Privacy

No, you die on your 30th birthday, when you ride the carrousel.

The insurance plan would only work if there was a significantly less than
one-in-a-million chance of having the disease. Otherwise, the cost will
be more than one dollar. The rates would be lower if you buy your policy
well in advance, since the disease never strikes before you are 30 -
there's money to be made on holding your premium, and you jsut might die
of something else before requiring treatment.

As Tim pointed out, however, if you can be tested prior to obtaining the
insurance, without admitting to it, you would not obtain the insurance
unless the test showed that you had the disease. The price of the policy
would therefore be $1,000,000 or so, with minor adjustments.

-r.w.

Thread