1997-11-22 - Re: Jim Bell’s Sentencing Delayed Again

Header Data

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: amp@pobox.com
Message Hash: 28dfa89566e589740446f855f5793804886d60e8ed09eaa82b4e7e99cb6f886f
Message ID: <199711221444.IAA03943@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <Chameleon.880205874.amp@ampugh.mcit.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-22 14:59:44 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:59:44 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 22:59:44 +0800
To: amp@pobox.com
Subject: Re: Jim Bell's Sentencing Delayed Again

amp@pobox.com wrote:
> the parallels between modern america and just about an other totalitarian
> regime to date are hitting frighteningly close to home.
>
> I remember when I was told about the horrors of the nazi and russian
> children turning their parents in for whatever the state considered to not
> be proper. now we have D.A.R.E.

You know, I have been thinking about it for a long time.

My conclusion was that the government was not truly totalitarian in the
strict sense of this world.

It is the people's minds that turn more and more to totalitarianism,
submissiveness, blind belief to what they are told, and so on.

	- Igor.

Thread