1997-11-16 - Nakatuji-san and Male PenPals

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 40a05761d9dc4ffabb013db3b44163c0bba83f329156b518b99c1db749163d20
Message ID: <v03102826b094d9429605@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03102823b094cab52ad8@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-11-16 18:16:52 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 02:16:52 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 02:16:52 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Nakatuji-san and Male PenPals

Someone sent this to me privately. I don't know why he didn't cc: the list.
But I'll respect his apparent wishes and excise any clues as to who he is.

At 10:37 AM -0700 11/16/97, xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>In <v03102823b094cab52ad8@[207.167.93.63]>, on 11/16/97
>   at 09:26 AM, Tim May <tcmay@got.net> said:
>
>>(I did the same search several days ago, as Nakatuji once again became
>>news here, and couldn't find any references at all to his exact name.
>>Maybe the sites or archives that carried his pen pal requests, if it was
>>he and not some other with the same name, had flushed this older stuff.)
>
>Well I did some searching myself and the only thing I could find out side
>of the CP-Archives was the one post to the Einstein Male PenPal webpage
>using the e-mail address below.
>
>http://cuy.net/~einstein/local/malebook.html
>
>Nobuki Nakatuji <nn1332@galaxynet.or.jp>
>
>Neither the addresses or the name showed anything up on Deja-News or any
>of the other search engines.

Yes! This was it! This was what I saw. Some crazy "Einstein Male PenPals"
stuff.

I have no idea why I couldn't find it again...must've used a slightly
different search engine, with a slightly different set of reachable nodes.

Here's the entry for "Nobuki Nakatuji":

My hobbies are playing guitar and listening music.
Nobuki Nakatuji <nn1332@galaxynet.or.jp>
Takarazuka, Japan - Saturday, December 14, 1996 at 23:34:01 (EST)

Is this the same Nobuki Nakatuji asking for money  for descriptions of
crypto programs? ("What am Misty?"..."You send money, I send description")

--Tim May